Cleaning your home is hard work, especially for those who lead busy lifestyles and aren’t used to doing it on their own. Unfortunately, there are some common mistakes many homeowners commit when cleaning their home that undermine their efforts.
In this post, home cleaning company Professional Home Cleaning LLC discusses the top six mistakes you’re likely making when cleaning your home.
- Putting Away a Wet Toilet Brush or Sponge – Most homeowners can be forgiven for committing this mistake. After all, the sponge or the toilet brush is wet so what need is there to clean it? Unfortunately, both tools can become a breeding ground for bacteria if not cleaned properly. To clean your sponge, simply throw it in a dishwasher or put it in a bowl of water and microwave it. Your toilet brush, on the other hand, should be left out to dry for at least 15 minutes before you put it away.
- Cleaning Bare Handed – Avoid cleaning your home with your bare hands. Your skin is super-absorbent and will soak up any substance that touches its surface, which can result in dry hands for you. Instead, clean your home with gloves with a lined cotton interior to protect your hands as you clean.
- Placing All Your Utensils in the Same Direction in the Dishwasher – While it’s okay for all your forks to point up in the dishwasher, your spoons shouldn’t sit in one direction as this can prevent complete cleaning. Place some of the spoons up and the rest down for a more thorough wash.
- Washing Windows on a Sunny Day – When it comes to residential cleaning , windows may be one of the most difficult parts of the home to clean. To ensure best results, avoid cleaning your windows when it’s sunny out. This is because the sun heats up the windows, causing the water to dry before you can properly wipe the window with a squeegee, leading to unsightly streaks. For best results, wait for an overcast day to clean your windows.
- Cleaning Too Quickly – While it’s understandable to want to clean as fast as possible, rushing the cleaning process is rarely a good idea. If you rush, you may miss spots and simply just move dirt around. Clean with as much focus and attention to detail as possible to have a thoroughly cleaned home.
- Direct Spray – Some homeowners tend to spray the product directly on what they’re cleaning before wiping it away. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the safest way to clean, especially for electronics. When cleaning, spray the product on a microfiber cloth and wipe the surface that needs cleaning. Afterwards, use a dry cloth to wipe away the excess solution to keep the surface safe.
Feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of cleaning your home? Why not hire professional apartment cleaners ? At Professional Home Cleaning LLC, we are your number one provider of cleaning services. Give us a call at 612-888-9601 or fill out our contact form to get a free quote.
The post The Top 6 Home Cleaning Mistakes You’re Probably Committing appeared first on Professional Home Cleaning, LLC.