Kitchen cleaning is something you probably do fairly regularly, but when was the last time your entire home had a deep clean? This is not a task that most homeowners look forward to, but it’s one that should be prioritized nonetheless. Today, Professional Home Cleaning Inc. shares a few pointers on when and how to deep clean your home.
Here’s what a typical deep-cleaning schedule looks like: For Kitchens
- Microwave – As a frequently used kitchen appliance, your microwave should be cleaned every week. Make sure to remove food splatters and left-over moisture that can be a breeding ground for germs.
- Refrigerator – Your refrigerator should be deep-cleaned every month to eliminate food spills, rotting vegetables and spoiled food that could give rise to bacterial contamination. Taking out all your food once a month will also help you stay on top of expiration dates.
- Showers and Bathtubs – Always exposed to moisture, showers and tubs should be cleaned every week. This helps maintain a sterile environment.
- Toilets – During your weekly bathroom cleaning , make sure to clean your toilets to get rid of mineral deposits, stains and lingering smells.
- Bathmats – Fabric bathmats absorb moisture, acting like a spongy breeding ground for fungus and bacteria. Wash your bathmats every week, use a sanitizing cleanser to wash them and hang them to dry under the sun for best results.
- Pillows – Wash your pillows every quarter to remove dust mites, dirt, sweat and dead skin cells and get your best sleep each night.
- Mattresses – To keep your bed fresh, have your mattresses professionally steam-cleaned every six months.
- Blankets and Duvets – Haul off your blankets and duvets to your local laundromat every six months. Using extra-large washing machines will make it easy to clean bulky blankets and duvets.
For Living Rooms
- Carpets – Supplement a deep clean once or twice a year with weekly vacuum sessions, depending on your lifestyle. If you have pets or young children, you’ll find that more frequent carpet cleaning will be ideal.
- Windows – Schedule a deep clean very three to six months to remove dirt and grime from every nook and cranny of your windows.
Professional Home Cleaning LLC offers a comprehensive lineup of cleaning services you can count on. To learn more about what we can do for you and your home, simply give us a call at (612) 888-9601 or fill out our contact form. Ask us for a FREE quote today!
The post Deep Cleaning Your Home: How Often Should You Do It? appeared first on Professional Home Cleaning, LLC.